Wow, have I been busy! I’ve been working six days a week and therefore haven’t had much time for posting. That and the sparse internet connection here make for some solid food blogger obstacles. My food pictures are piling up on my camera and computer so it’s about time I share some of these yummy creations!
This marinated kale salad was inspired by the kale salad we sell at the restaurant I work at. I asked them how they marinated the kale in our mixed berry kale salad and figured out that I had the ingredients to do it myself! It is very easy and a tasty way to consume some nutritious dark leafy greens. Score.
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- ½ lemon, freshly squeezed
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- ½ bunch kale, broken up (I used organic lacinto and curly leaf kale)
- 1 avocado, sliced
- small handful of dried cranberries
- 1 mango, diced
- Mix the marinade (first 3 ingredients) and drizzle over the kale.
- Place in a covered bowl and shake to ensure marinade covers the kale.
- Put in fridge, and marinade overnight.
- Add the mango, avocado, and dried cranberries the next day before serving.