The last month has been absolutely nuts!
First my mom got married.Then I started a new job.Then my sister got married.THEN I moved into a new apartment.I’m so glad to have things slow down a bit now even though we’re not quite all settled into the apartment. I finally made our first home-cooked meal with lots of fresh veggies from the farm market in the new place a little bit ago, and it felt oh so good. We’re also working on a pretty great pantry, which I hope to reveal once it’s all organized!
I also got the sweet potatoes for this recipe at the farm market, which was bumpin’! I hadn’t been to it in years because I haven’t lived around there, but it’s one of the biggest ones in downtown Grand Rapids, and it was packed with people. I was so enthused to see everyone there supporting our local farmers. I sure got lots of glorious groceries!
I’ve also been on a little curry kick. So here you have it: easy curried sweet potato hash.
This sweet potato hash is not only really quick and easy, but it’s delicious by itself or mixed with other foods. I don’t know about you, but I love when sweet potato is added to a dish because it gives it a subtle sweetness and a smooth texture to whatever you’re eating. You can put it with eggs and greens for breakfast or add it to any rice or noodle dish, like I did in the picture below. There is a bed of romaine and kale with the sweet potato hash, a little sweet chili sauce, rice noodles (which were reheated so that’s why they’re all broken up), and green and yellow beans from the farm market.
- 4 small or 2 large sweet potatoes, diced (cubes or the like)
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil (or oil of choice)
- ¼-1/2 tsp curry powder
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- coconut sugar, sprinkled to taste (I did about 1 tbsp.)
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ onion, diced
- Dice up the sweet potatoes and onions.
- Place oil in the pan and melt to cover pan.
- Start sautéing sweet potatoes and onions on medium heat and add spices while mixing.
- Continue mixing regularly for 15 minutes or so until the onions are translucent and the sweet potato is cooked (just try a piece). The time will vary depending on how big your sweet potato pieces are.
What would you put this sweet potato hash with?
Thanks for reading!